Thursday, May 15, 2014

Frozen White Pear Cosmo

Frozen White Pear Cosmo

I'm loving the spring weather we're having, even if it's a little on the rainy side this year.  But after such a long, cold winter, I'll take any relief.  And warm weather makes me want to put fruit in a blender and pour vodka on it.  Rum would work, too.

Frozen White Pear Cosmo
A couple of summers ago, we were introduced to the Pear Cosmo, while on vacation in Maine, and it's become one of our favorite summer drinks.  It also led to my slight obsession with pear cocktails, in general.  In this case, I borrowed a page from the classic Cosmo by adding cranberry juice but I kept it white to highlight the beautiful pears.  Crisp, refreshing, not too strong but still fun and a lovely tall drink to sip on a porch...or on the couch, watching the spring rain tap against the windows.  Cheers!

Per Serving:
1/2 Fresh pear (no seeds but skin on is fine)
2 oz. Pear vodka
2 oz. Pear juice
1 oz. White cranberry juice
1 oz. Lime juice
1/2 oz. Elderflower liqueur
1 Teaspoon chopped fresh mint

Puree all the ingredients, except the mint, in a blender.  Fill with ice and blend until the mixture has thickened and the ice is fully broken up.  Pour into a chilled cocktail glass and swirl in the mint.  Garnish with a wedge of pear, if desired.

4 comments:

  1. It's 100 here today in SoCal and this drink is exactly what I need this afternoon. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am liking the sound of this! And I love St Germain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy a pear martini or cocktail too. I discovered them when a friend and I were out to lunch one Saturday and we ordered one on the special cocktail menu. Ever since I've been a big fan. Not too sweet and with a fruity flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Count me in if you are mixing fruit and vodka! Your frozen pear concoction would be great on a hot summer day!

    ReplyDelete