Thursday, August 14, 2014

Peach Cobbler Cocktail

Peach Cobbler Cocktail

I've been waiting for the August peaches!  In some ways, they're a frustrating fruit because they're available in my market all year long but they're not worth eating.  Hard as rocks with no flavor or aroma.  But there they are, on display, taunting me.  August, though, is when the peaches become peachy!

Peach Cobbler Cocktail
I walked, once again, past the big display but this time I didn't need to wonder.  The sweet smell announced that they were ripe and I may have yelped in happiness as I piled them into my basket.  For sure there's a peach pie to be made but I saw no reason not to make a cocktail version as well.  And I happily sipped it while planning out all the peachy goodness that's about to happen in my kitchen.  Cheers!

Per Serving:
1 1/2 oz. Peach vodka
1/2 Fresh peach, pitted
1/2 oz. Peach schnapps
1/2 oz. Lemon juice
2 oz. Vanilla ice cream
1 Graham cracker, crushed

Dip the rim of a cocktail glass in some milk or softened ice cream.  Place the crushed graham cracker in a shallow bowl and roll the rim of the glass around in it.  Place in the freezer for a few minutes to set while you make the cocktail.

Add the half of a ripe peach (peel on is fine) in a small food processor or chopper.  Add the peach vodka, peach schnapps, lemon juice and vanilla ice cream.  Pulse a few times until the peach has been pureed.  Pour into a cocktail shaker, fill with ice, shake well and pour into the prepared cocktail glass.

3 comments:

  1. As they say in the south "Oh lawd!". My, oh my, what a wonderful cocktail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't the smell of ripe peaches just the best? Your cocktail is gorgeous, Anita!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need this cocktail to go with my actual peach cobbler :D

    ReplyDelete