Thursday, September 18, 2014

Apple Pie Martini

Apple Pie Martini

I still remember the first time I heard about apple martinis. It sounded so unusual and intriguing and, when I was at a restaurant that offered it, I was excited to try. Until it arrived, all neon green and practically glowing in the glass. Hmm. Oh, it tasted nice, even if not exactly like apple, but somehow not quite what I expected.

Apple Pie Martini
Back home, and usually inclined to recreate, I wondered if I wanted to buy a bottle of whatever that was that was glowing in the glass. But then I looked over at my basket of fresh apples and thought about the bottle of fresh juice in the fridge and realized I didn't need to buy a thing. And so the first of many apple cocktails came together simply and perfectly. Cheers!

Per Serving:
1 1/2 oz. Vanilla vodka
2 oz. Apple juice
1/2 oz. Lemon juice
1/2 oz. Simple syrup
Pinch of cinnamon

Combine all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker and fill with ice.  Shake well and pour into a chilled cocktail glass.  Garnish with a slice of fresh apple, if desired.

4 comments: