Thursday, December 11, 2014

Cranberry Gin Fizz

Cranberry Gin Fizz

If it's December, there must be a bag of cranberries in my refrigerator at all times. So many delicious possibilities.  Cranberry sauce, cranberry bread or my personal favorite, orange cranberry scones. So, which have I made? Um...OK, time got a little away from me this month.

Cranberry Gin Fizz
But in the interest of cracking open that bag of cranberries and getting the party started, I thought I'd begin with a cocktail.

Hmm...vodka, rum, bourbon? Gin. It's been a while since I got out the bottle of gin and I wondered how the juniper would pair with cranberries. Perfectly. It pairs perfectly. Now I'll just sip this while I ponder what else to do with those cranberries. Cheers!

Per Serving:
2 oz. Gin
2 oz. Cranberry juice
1 oz. Club soda
1/2 oz. Lemon juice
1/2 oz. Simple syrup

Combine all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker. Fill with ice, shake well and pour into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with some sugared cranberries, if desired.

8 comments:

  1. I have those cups. They're pretty cute. :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where did you get these glasses from - they are gorgeous!!!

      Delete
    2. They're a style called swerve by Libbey Glass.

      Delete
  2. And now you have me thinking I haven't had gin in a while either. Time to get out the bottle and make this fabulous and festive cocktail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks perfect for the Holidays! Love the cranberry garnish as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm off to buy some fresh cranberries, Anita! Because this looks just perfect and refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, I JUST started drinking gin in the last year or so, and so far, it's been limited to gin and tonics. I need to branch out, and I always have these ingredients on hand. Thanks for this recipe!

    ReplyDelete