Thursday, February 13, 2014

Tiramisu Martini


It's a good day when free ice cream shows up in the mail, wouldn't you say?  What happened was that the nice folks at Breyers contacted me to let me know about a new line of Gelato Indulgences coming out this month.  They said there would be Vanilla Caramel, Raspberry Cheesecake, Tiramisu and Triple Chocolate and I said "yum."  Then they offered to send me some to sample, if that was OK with me.  Um...yeah...sure.  I mean, if you insist.

Tiramisu Martini
So, a few days ago, Brian and I found ourselves unpacking an ice cold shipment and digging in.  Just purely for research purposes, of course.  We kept coming back to the tiramisu flavor over and over because it really does taste like the classic Italian dessert.  Not too sweet and with plenty of that coffee, cocoa powder flavor that's typical of tiramisu.  Naturally we could have just eaten the whole thing as it was but it just seemed the perfect base for a cocktail.  Some vodka, a touch of coffee liqueur and we had tiramisu in a glass.  Cheers!




Per Serving:
2 oz. Tiramisu flavored gelato
1 1/2 oz. Vodka
1/2 oz. Coffee liqueur
2 oz. Half & half or cream
Sprinkling of cocoa powder for garnish

Tiramisu Martini
Add the gelato, vodka, coffee liqueur and half & half to a cocktail shaker.  Fill with ice and shake well.  Pour into a chilled cocktail glass and garnish with a dusting of cocoa powder.






Note:  Breyers provided me with samples of the gelato but I was not otherwise compensated and under no obligation to provide a good review or use it in a recipe.

6 comments:

  1. A perfect dessert cocktail after an Italian meal or any meal for that matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent 2 hours last night going across town to different groceries to find this Breyer's gelato so Holli could make this cocktail. Her favorite dessert is tiramiso and she wanted a one of your cocktails! We don't have it here yet but I suspect we'll keep looking until we find it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous of the free ice cream! Best mail day ever! I love that you used it to make this gorgeous tiramisu martini. This sounds so dangerous - I can easily see myself drinking the entire thing. No sharesies.

    ReplyDelete