Thursday, July 31, 2014

Cheesecake Martini

Cheesecake Martini

Yesterday was National Cheesecake Day and I celebrated with several dozen of my fellow food bloggers.  We each made our own perfect version of cheesecake and my Blueberry Ricotta Cream Cheesecake was definitely my ideal.  But whenever I have a killer dessert, I start to wonder if I can turn it into a killer cocktail.

Cheesecake Martini
Ultimately, the basis of any cheesecake, baked or otherwise, is cheese and it happily works well in liquid form.  The graham cracker rim is important here because a bite of that followed by a sip of the drink and you're in cheesecake heaven.  Seriously, I needed someone to take this drink away from me and keep me from making a couple more.  Cheers!

Per Serving:
2 Graham crackers, coarsely crushed
2 oz. Cream cheese
2 oz. Vanilla ice cream (plus 1 teaspoon for rimming)
1 1/2 oz. Vanilla vodka
1 oz. Simple syrup
1/2 oz. Buttershots (butterscotch schnapps)
1/4 Teaspoon lemon juice
Tiny pinch of salt

Run the rim of a cocktail glass through the teaspoon of ice cream to get it wet.  Add the crushed graham crackers to a shallow bowl and dip the moistened rim of the glass into the crackers.  Place in the freezer for a few minutes to set.

Combine the cream cheese, ice cream, vodka, simple syrup, buttershots, lemon juice and salt with either a hand mixer or a small food processor.  Pour into a cocktail shaker, fill with ice, shake vigorously and pour into the prepared glass.

6 comments:

  1. This is one of those martinis that needs to be in a very shallow glass so I can lick every single drop out of it after slurping down the rest. Oh. My. Heavens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good - a cheesecake cocktail to wash down my cheesecake with :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vanilla vodka cherry vanilla ice cream grenadine and lemon zest in simple syrup cream she else pinch salt godiva white chocolate liquor. Shaken poured over slightly melted cherry vanilla ice cream and a few nilla wafers

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Nice PS4 Brasil! just prepare one of these, it looks great :)

    ReplyDelete