Thursday, October 23, 2014

Bourbon Pumpkin Smash

Bourbon Pumpkin Smash

There's a chill in the air, the leaves are changing colors and the pumpkin cocktails are flowing freely around here. Mixed with the warmth of bourbon, cinnamon and maple, this drink just typifies autumn.

Bourbon Pumpkin Smash
In fact, this cocktail makes me think of big piles of colorful leaves, of coming home from a day of pumpkin picking, apple picking or hayrides on farms with baby animals and relaxing by the fire. And even if I haven't exactly done those things yet and even if I have no fireplace, I can still dream of those things with this drink in my hand. Cheers!

Per Serving:
1 1/2 oz. Bourbon
1 oz. Unsweetened pumpkin puree
2 oz. Vanilla ice cream
2 oz. Milk
2 Teaspoons maple syrup
Pinch of cinnamon
Pinch of salt

Add the bourbon, pumpkin puree, ice cream, milk, maple syrup, cinnamon and salt to a cocktail shaker.  Fill with ice, shake well to break up the pumpkin and ice cream and pour into a cocktail glass.

3 comments:

  1. What a great fall drink, Anita! I am always impressed with your photographs. Those little red berries hanging in the left side are beautiful and just the right touch of movement and color. Can I come over from cocktail shooting classes, please? I'll even bring the booze.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just prepare one of these, it looks great :)

    ps4 blog

    ReplyDelete